Tuesday 12 April 2011

Python Decompiler Performance

I knew the performance of Python Decompiler was rubbish, but I didn't realise how rubbish! Based on the code analysis I wrote about last time, I've put the node classes in order of frequency and reordered the comparisons made in "thing" to match this. That's all I've done, and it's given a 58% speed increase and a 47% RAM decrease compared to the alphabetical order! Running the tests file on itself now only takes 16 seconds and 69MB of RAM. If I compare it to before I had a go at optimising, back before it used the input stream as a stack, the current code takes 64% less time and 66% less RAM.

Nice!

Code, as always, is on Gitorious :)

1 comment:

vendosmart said...


Custom Manufacturing Marketplace | Vendosmart
"Vendosmart is an online custom manufacturing
marketplace to connect buyers with potential manufacturers. Rasie RFQ and get the best quality products delivered. Request Quote Today"